Sunday, August 29, 2010

Memories of Jeremy: Matt's perspective

Those glasses! How could I forget? He was wearing those infamous glasses when he was hit by the car on the corner of Federal Street and Summer Street. Remember that day? You weren't with us. We were coming back from, of all place, K-Mart. We were on our bikes, and I crossed over from Summer to Federal, knowing I could make it, but Jeremy followed, not looking, just assuming that he would make it as well.

After he was hit, I ran to the nearest house to call our parents while someone else was calling 911. Mom answered, and I calmly said, "Hi, Mom. Can I speak to Dad for a second?"

Not bad for a twelve year old. Huh?

I also remember that the police tried to get me to say that the car that hit Jeremy was speeding, but I honestly didn't know, and I knew that the accident was Jeremy's fault anyway. He didn't look before crossing, and so he got hit.

Something you can relate to well. Right, Kelli?

I can't remember the extent of his injuries, or if he stayed in the hospital overnight, or really anything else about that day.

You?

No comments:

Post a Comment