Monday, October 3, 2011

Bittersweet: Matt's perspective

Most interesting part of Kelli's Bittersweet post was the fact that we never had any paper for drawing or coloring.

She's right.

I can't imagine why our parents wouldn't spring for a pad of paper or even a notebook of some kind, but they never did. Instead, we tore the blank pages from the beginning and ends of books, and I would do the same for every library book I borrowed, too (forgive me, librarians of the world).

Our kingdom for a little drawing paper.

As for the torturing of my sister, all that was true. We would hide or kidnap Bittersweet for days at a time, and we would threaten his safety from time to time by placing him in the oven, the microwave and the dryer.

And although Kelli never cried, it wasn't because we didn't try.

She's always been tougher than me and my brother put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment